What's the best way to remove this file?

PsiFi
PsiFi
Community Member

I have been having some performance issues with my late 2015 iMac and, when I ran EtreCheck, it highlighted a number of items including this one:

[failed] ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist (2013-04-25) [Support] - /Users/[redacted]/Library/Application Support/1Password/Agent/1PasswordAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/1PasswordAgent: Executable not found!

What's the best way to remove this file without harming my Mac, the 1Password app or my database?

Many thanks in advance.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: MacOS 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1PasswordAgent.app

Comments

• Hi @PsiFi ,

The file is already removed. That's why the error is there. Your Mac is still looking for it to start it up. To get it to stop, enter this command in the Terminal:

launchctl unload -w ~/Library/LaunchAgents/ws.agile.1PasswordAgent.plist

Then go into that folder and remove that file.

Regards,
    Kevin

• PsiFi
    PsiFi
    Community Member

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for the instructions. I followed them, including removing the file and then rebooting. The EtreCheck still has the same error but the file, of course, is no longer there. Very strange.

cheers
    Michael

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni

@PsiFi,

It sounds like that EtreCheck tool is alerting you to a problem that doesn't exist. The date on the error message in your original post is from over 3 years ago: 2013-04-25.

Are you having any actual symptoms? Or just EtreCheck flagging a 3 year old error message? :)

• PsiFi
    PsiFi
    Community Member

Hi Khad,

Thanks for noticing - I didn't realise that!

I had a rough time after upgrading to Sierra, with so many apps that weren't compatible. After sorting that out, EtreCheck highlighted various other issues which I have been working through. The Mac is behaving well now, so it looks like EtreCheck is flagging an old error, as you say.

Thank you and Kevin for helping me out.

regards
    Michael

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Kevin and Khad, you're quite welcome! Hopefully you're all set, but if you have more questions or need anything else, just let us know - we're always happy to help. :)

This discussion has been closed.