Adding a second vault to Dropbox

sportyguy209
sportyguy209
Community Member

I am using the latest version of the standalone version of 1password for the Mac and my IOS device is running the latest "professional" version (which is supposed to allow multiple vaults).

Up to now, I have just been using a Primary vault. I would like to add a second vault that I can use on my iOS devices. I created a new vault on the Mac, but I can't figure out how to add it to Dropbox and can't find any documentation on the standalone app to do this.

On my Mac both accounts show up in Preferences/Sync. When I highlight the new account and select Dropbox to sync, I get a choose option. When I click on it, my primary account is displayed. When I click on it, my only option is to merge into it. I don't want to merge the data into the Primary, I want two to be able to choose between vaults.

What do I need to do?

TIA

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @sportyguy209,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing a second vault via Dropbox! We can definitely help you to get this all sorted out.

From your description, when you select Dropbox as the sync option for your second vault and then click the 'Choose' button, it sounds like you are then choosing your Primary vault's sync file from inside your Dropbox folder. But your second vault needs to have its own, separate sync file in Dropbox. So instead of selecting your Primary vault's sync file, just select the main Dropbox folder, (then click 'Open'). Now you should see a 'Create New' button - click that, and a new sync file will be created in Dropbox for your second vault.

Once you've done that, please make sure you allow Dropbox to completely sync that new file. Once that's complete, you should be able to sync that vault to 1Password on your iOS devices (from the 1Password for iOS app, go to Settings > Vaults > Sync Additional Vault).

Does that help? If you're still having trouble with that, please let us know - we're here for you! :)

• sportyguy209
    sportyguy209
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Awesome! That did it, thanks!

As an old "traditional" (non membership plan) user, I'm wondering if there is is still documentation specific to that version of your software. All the documentation I see seems to refer to the membership plan version.

Thanks again!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome, @sportyguy209! I'm glad that helped.

Sorry you weren't able to find that information on our support site. Those steps are definitely still available, and they can be found here: https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/?ios#sync-with-additional-vaults-in-dropbox

Please let us know if you need anything else. Happy holidays! :)

• sportyguy209
    sportyguy209
    Community Member

Maybe, it's just me, but I saw that section previously and couldn't get it to work. Your description was much clearer than in the documentation! :-)

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks, I'm glad my steps were so helpful for you! I'll be sure to let our docs team know. ;)

This discussion has been closed.