1Password Sync with iCloud

hawk713
hawk713
Community Member

I want to change the sync on my iMac from 1Password WLAN server to iCloud because I have a desktop computer, a Macbook Air, an iPhone, an iWatch, and Apple TV. All of these products are of 2015 or later vintage. My iPhone wants to sync with Dropbox and I am unable to change that within 1Password. My 1Password backup files are current.

How should I proceed? If I delete and reinstall 1Password from Mac App Store will I have to enter my 1Password licensee (I did not record it)? If I delete my iPhone App and reinstall it how to I change the sync to iCloud? I only use the Macbook Air when away from home. The Air has two userids, my wife and mine. I have checked and my wife cannot see or use 1Password but my userid has full access. It requires me to manually enter all of the accounts by hand and is difficult to keep up to date. Do I have to buy a second 1Password licensee for this computer? I am familiar with family sharing and may want to do this in the future but not now.

I have used 1Password since 2011 and it is a great App!

1Password Version: 6 Mac App Store
Extension Version: 6.5.1
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @hawk713,

Sorry to hear you've having trouble syncing your 1Password data! I'm sure we can help to get this cleared up.

My iPhone wants to sync with Dropbox and I am unable to change that within 1Password.

Do you mean you've switched to iCloud in 1Password on your other devices, but cannot switch it to iCloud on your iPhone? You should be able to do that by following these steps:

• On your iPhone, open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Sync Service.
    • Tap Disable Sync and confirm you want to disable it.
    • Tap Start Syncing > Sync with iCloud.
    • Follow any additional steps to set up sync with iCloud.

If you have trouble with that, please let us know exactly what happens when you try to follow those steps.

If I delete and reinstall 1Password from Mac App Store...

If the problem is happening on your iPhone, I'm not sure I understand why you would delete and reinstall 1Password on your Mac? If the 1Password app on your Mac is working correctly and syncing with iCloud, there shouldn't be any reason to delete/reinstall it there.

...will I have to enter my 1Password licensee (I did not record it)?

If you bought 1Password from the Mac App Store, you won't have a separate license that needs to be entered in the app because your purchase is tied to your Apple ID.

If I delete my iPhone App and reinstall it how to I change the sync to iCloud?

On iOS, if you delete the 1Password app, it will also delete the 1Password data stored locally on that device. When you reinstall 1Password and open it for the first time on the iOS device, it will take you through a setup procedure, and you'll be able to choose to sync with iCloud. (You shouldn't need to delete & reinstall the app on your iPhone, though - you should be able to start syncing it via iCloud as I described above.)

The Air has two userids, my wife and mine. I have checked and my wife cannot see or use 1Password but my userid has full access.

Do you mean you and your wife each have your own Mac user account set up on that Mac? If so, and if the 1Password app is in the main Application folder, it should be available to all user accounts on that Mac. Can you please elaborate on the steps your wife is taking to try to find & use the 1Password app, and what she sees?

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.