What version of 1PW iOS do I have?

Options
ACDCHNL
ACDCHNL
Community Member

I have four iOS devices with 1PW. They all run the latest version of iOS. Today 1PW iOS 6.5 came out. Three of my iOS devices updated automatically from Apple's App Store. However, one of my identical iPad Mini devices will not update and doesn't even show an update available for the new 1PW. How can I force this? And, where can I identify the current 1PW version on my "reluctant" iPad Mini.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 10,2
Sync Type: DropBox
Referrer: forum-search:Where can I locate the version that I have on 1PW iOS?

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @ACDCHNL,

Thanks for taking the time to write in.

To view the version number currently installed please launch 1Password, navigate to Settings, and at the bottom of that screen just above Advanced you'll see version information.

How can I force this?

Unfortunately you probably can't. App updates are handled entirely by the App Store, and if for some reason the App Store doesn't think an update is available on that device I don't know of any way you could "make it" install one. But you could try visiting the app's listing in the App Store directly:

http://j.mp/1PasCS

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• ACDCHNL
    ACDCHNL
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks. I love 1PW but that is one strange place to park the current version. It's in light print just below Recommend 1 Password”. With that established I realize I have the latest version of 1PW on the iOS device in question (an iPad Mini). The other three iOS devices updated normally with 1PW designated as having been historically updated on the App Store update tab. However, on the iPad Mini in question there was no historical note that it had been updated. Thank you again for answering my question. I could not find this information in your FAQ.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the update and feedback, @ACDCHNL.

We do have a guide on this subject available here:

How to keep 1Password up to date

Ben

This discussion has been closed.