My 1 PW opens when I enter my password then very quickly closes. I can't open it to see my password

irad
irad
Community Member

I can't use 1 PW because when I enter my Master PW, it opens and instantly closes. Help! I can't see my passwords at all.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.12.3
Sync Type: ICloud
Referrer: forum-search:1PW opens, the quickly closes.

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @irad

I'm very sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with 1Password. Could you please verify the next thing? Please search for 1Password and see if there's more than one copy of 1Password in your computer. Maybe one on downloads folder and one in applications folder for example. If there's more than one copy of 1Password please drag one of them to the trash and then empty the trash. Please let us know if this helps or if we need to dig a bit deeper to get this sorted out :chuffed:

• irad
    irad
    Community Member

Thank you so much Pilar. A simple thing like that caused such a problem.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Pilar, you're very welcome! I'm glad to hear that took care of the problem.

Hopefully it all continues to work perfectly for you from now on, but if you have more trouble or have questions about 1Password, please don't hesitate to let us know. Happy holidays! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Hey gang, I hate to bring this up but add me to the list. 1Password
    Version 6.5.3 (653001)
    Mac App Store

Extension 4.6.2

Clean install of OS 10.12.2 (16C68)

Never had this before this release.

It will work as it should on the second try. Does not matter if you use the main app or the extension or mini. All three behave the same. Could have something to do with sleep. Will have to test further.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Steve_H: Thanks for letting us know! If you encounter this again, be sure to generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots', and post the Support ID here. Also, knowing your timezone and the date/time of the incident will help us find it in the logs. We will get to the bottom of this! :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

B, as part of my internal testing I have turned off everything in 1Password that goes outside to the internet (iCloud, rich icons, and watchtower).

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

No problems after 12 hours. Sleep, heavy load. I turned back on iCloud. Rich Icons and Watchtower still off.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's really interesting. It shouldn't be necessary to use 1Password completely offline, and that to me says its something else, since 1Password just hands all of the networking off to the OS. I'm not sure what it adds up to yet, but be sure to let us know what else you find!

This discussion has been closed.