Different number of items on iMac than on iPhone (sync via iCloud)

bowallsten
bowallsten
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

I can´t find our why on my iMac I have 398 items and on my iPhone only 237 using iCloud

1Password Version: 10.0.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.1
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bowallsten

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble syncing 1Password with iCloud. Could you please try setting sync to none and then to iCloud again and see if it helps? If it doesn't, I'd like you to do some testing for me.

Please create an item on each of your devices and see if it appears on any other of them. This will give us some more clues of where exactly the problem might be :chuffed:

I hope to hear back from you soon to get all your items back up in sync! :chuffed:

• bowallsten
    bowallsten
    Community Member

The On my iPhone I "Quit syncing", and then started again with "Sync Service", "Sync now". Message mentions that "A file found file in ICloud, do you want to merge , .I said .yes...= Nothing new happened. Still got 237 vs. 302 items on my iMac
    I added on my iPhone anew Login item AA., sync = and it does not appear on my Mac.
    I cannot find a way of requesting the IMac to sync, I guess it does it automatically, but I can't initiate it.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bowallsten,

Do you happen to have multiple vaults in 1Password on your Mac? If so, please switch to the Primary vault to make sure the item count doesn't include items from another vault. In the main 1Password app on your Mac, click ‘All Vaults’ in the top left corner and choose Primary (or choose 1Password > Switch to Vault > Primary from the menu bar).

If you only have one vault, or if you switch to Primary and it still has more items than it does on your iPhone, please double-check the sync settings on both:

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar.
    • Click the Sync tab and make sure iCloud is selected for your Primary vault.

On your iPhone:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Primary.
    • Make sure it shows the Sync Service is iCloud.

If iCloud is selected as the sync option on both, please let us know a few more details:

Thanks! :)

• bowallsten
    bowallsten
    Community Member

Completed the steps above = nothing new.
    Mac version 6.5.2 - I don't know where to look up the version number on my iPhone
    Nor do I know if the Mac version is your store o Apple store? Sorry.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@bowallsten: Just follow the link Drew provided to find the version of 1Password for iOS you're using:

What exact version of 1Password is installed on your iPhone?

Frankly, it sounds like you may be syncing with different accounts. Please follow the steps in this guide to verify your setup, as that will also help narrow down the problem:

iCloud troubleshooting

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• bowallsten
    bowallsten
    Community Member

Mi version en iPhone es 6.5.1, but how do i know account i am syncing?
    all other steps OK

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bowallsten,

The steps in the link Brenty gave you explain where to check that you're using the same iCloud account on each device: iCloud troubleshooting

On that page, at the bottom of Step 2, it says:

NOTE
    While you’re checking iCloud Drive, also make sure you are signed in to the same Apple ID everywhere. If you’re using a different Apple ID on one device, it won’t be able to sync with the others.

Does that help? Let us know how it all goes, thanks! :)

• bowallsten
    bowallsten
    Community Member

Can I eliminate the app on my phone and then start all over again, without paying again?
    I still can't do it. Both hace the same ID.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bowallsten

I'm sorry to hear that you're still having some trouble with this, but don't fear, we'll get you sorted out! As long as you're signed into the same iCloud account that you originally used to get 1Password you can for sure delete the app from your app and download it again for free :chuffed: Please let us know if this helps you or if we need to do some more digging!

This discussion has been closed.