Lost vault when converting to Family Account

sidecountry
sidecountry
Community Member

I was using a multi-user version 5 (up to date) on Mac, iPhone, and iPad; all sync'd through Dropbox (actually was only 1 user, therefore all were identical).

Did a clean install on a new Mac, installing Family account using version 6. In doing that I created two problems - duplication of items and, more urgently, I lost a private vault with a small number of items in it. Both iPhone and iPad are on the new account now.

Have a clone of the old computer drive that is still pristine if that helps recovery (not a bootable drive). Still have DropBox and could go back in time there. I have a couple of new and updated items in my Family account that I would like to keep even if I were to do a clean restore of data.

Have not placed any account info in my shared folder, yet, so that is pristine.

Primary question: how to recover the lost vault.
Secondary question: easiest possible way to avoid or clean up duplicates.
Tertiary question: easiest way to find and save updated items so that they can be kept if the data is restored.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: 4.6.2 safari 4.6.2.90 chrome
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:lost vault

Comments

• Hey @sidecountry! Glad to hear you're getting moved over to 1Password Families. I'm sorry for the bumps along the way though. Let's see what we can do to sort them out. To get a better idea of what things look like on your end, could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac, iPhone, and iPad?

How to send a diagnostics report

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.