Question about upgrading

This discussion was created from comments split from: Please help, 1password keeps crashing on my mac.

Comments

• djpresc16
    djpresc16
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

@Drew_AG my version of the 1Password is stuck on 3.9.21.90 . When asked if I want to upgrade inside of one password (which doesn't stay running very long on Sierra) it says that it does not need upgrading. I purchased a family license some time ago, and just wanto upgrade before I lose all functionality. What do I need to do?

PS. is the crash report under version it says 3.8.22 (32010), but in the Chrome browser extension (the place I can use 1PWD) the version lists as 3.9.21.90. So not sure if that helps. I have the report copied into a notepad.

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @djpresc16

I've split your comment because the subject is a bit different. I'm glad to hear that you want to upgrade 1Password, I think you'll be amazed to see all the new things it can do now! The upgrade from 1Password 3 to 4 or newer was payed, and a very big one. That's why it doesn't appear when you check for updates :chuffed:

The easiest and best way for you to upgrade is to get a 1Password.com account. This will allow you to use the most recent version of 1Password in all your devices as well as access to your data through any browser. You also don't have to worry about syncing anymore. If you want to try this, you can read more about the accounts and create your own here: https://1password.com/sign-up/ If you have any questions, please let us know and we'll be glad to sort anything out!

Once you've created your account you can download the most recent version of 1Password here: https://1password.com/downloads/

When you run 1Password 6 for the next time you'll be able to first find your data and then to add you account there.

Please let us know if you have any questions or if there's anything else you need help with to get all set up! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.