Feature Request - Password by the number!

Robster
Robster
Community Member

Hi

I have a number of web sites which do not allow you to paste in the password.

Each time I login I will get a list of characters in random from my password that I have to enter one at a time.

If I have that kind of website, would it be possible to have a 'special' password type so that when I display the password I get the letter numbers underneath (or on top) of the letter in the password?

As an example

Letter Number - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Password - c X 8 b f £ 3 ! T

By doing this it would be much faster to find the password elements, especially in long passwords like I prefer to use!

Robin

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• taylor354
    taylor354
    Community Member

Isn't this already available as a feature? If you select "large type" from the password field dropdown menu you get it displayed on screen with the position number underneath the characters.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the assist, @taylor354! :)

@Robster, taylor354 is correct - you can do that with the 'large type' feature. I hope that was helpful for you! If you have more questions about that or need anything else, please be sure to let us know. Happy holidays! :)

• Robster
    Robster
    Community Member

Hi

Large type just makes the letters bigger.

You still have to count the letters, which with 20 plus letter passwords is still not straightforward.

Well on IOS anyway.

Robin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Robster: Ah, since you posted in the Mac category of the forums I think we all thought you were referring to that version. We'll certainly consider adding the numbering to 1Password for iOS in a future version. :)

• Robster
    Robster
    Community Member

Ahh

Well I did initially write this in the Mac forum as that is where I initially had the problem and tried the solution on IOS.

Now I have tried on the Mac I see exactly what IO would lie to see which is great thanks.

BUT I also sign into this type of account on my IOS devices, iPad in particular, so the same solution on iPad would be dynamite! :-)

Robin

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Well I did initially write this in the Mac forum as that is where I initially had the problem and tried the solution on IOS.

Ah, got it! Thanks for clarifying. :)

Now I have tried on the Mac I see exactly what IO would lie to see which is great thanks.

Sounds good! I think that would certainly be useful.

BUT I also sign into this type of account on my IOS devices, iPad in particular, so the same solution on iPad would be dynamite! :-)

You have my sympathies. Login processes like this are burdensome enough even on a full computer, and managing this on a mobile device has got to be even more troublesome. We'll see if there's something we can do to help in the future. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.