Is there a way to have 1password populate a Mac's userid and password automatically?

zaksbro
zaksbro
Community Member

Is there a way to have 1password populate a Mac's userid and password automatically? In other words, if installing s/w on a Mac for security reasons the Mac will ask for the user's account password. Is it possible to have 1P populate that?

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:mac password

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zaksbro,

Thanks for reaching out to us with your question!

On a Mac, 1Password integrates with web browsers via the 1Password browser extension, which allows it to get the information needed to fill your data in a web form. Other apps don't have extensions like web browsers do, so 1Password can't integrate with them in order to fill your info for you.

Normally I would using 1Password mini to copy your password so you can paste it into another app, but unfortunately I don't think it's possible to paste into the system dialog that asks for your Mac password. So you would need to type your password there manually.

Sorry I don't have a better answer for you about that! If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to let us know. Happy holidays! :)

This discussion has been closed.