MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar Keeps Asking About 1Password mini

Mr. K.
Mr. K.
Community Member

I keep getting the dialog box. How do I get rid of it for good?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Mr. K. you can't "get rid of it for good". 1Password is in effect asking you to use touch ID to unlock 1Password. You may be able to reduce the number of times you're asked to unlock 1Password by changing some of the settings in 1Password 6 > Preferences > Security, under Auto-lock. Alternatively, if you mean you don't want to use touch ID to unlock 1Password you can go to 1Password 6 > Preferences > Security and un-check Allow Touch ID to unlock 1Password.

Stephen

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member

I want to use Touch ID. I see this when I boot the computer too. Seems like a goofy and unnecessary dialog box.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Mr. K.: It's something we may change in a future version. Thanks for your feedback on our new Touch ID support! :)

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member
    edited December 2016

Is there a way to stop it from appearing when I restart my MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar without disabling 1Password Mini? It never worked like this on my iMac. It just waited until I needed to use 1Password Mini, and then I entered my master password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed, Touch ID isn't an option on all but some of the newest MacBook Pro models. If you'd prefer to use the Master Password as you do on the iMac though, you can disable the Touch ID option in 1Password. And be sure to let us know if you have other suggestions. Cheers! :)

• Mr. K.
    Mr. K.
    Community Member

I want to use Touch ID. I just want the dialog box not to appear when I start up my MacBook Pro 13" Touch Bar.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's what I thought you meant initially. Certainly something we'll consider for a future version. :)

This discussion has been closed.