1password telling me to click through to 1pwd.ca?

slobizman
slobizman
Community Member

I'm was getting some what look to be strange popups on Safari. They told me to click through to I believe it was 1pwd.ca to update my 1password browser extension. I was in fact trying to update the extension, but that didn't seem right.I never clicked through to it. Eventually I restarted Safari and all seems to be working now with the proper 1password extension, and I'm not seeing any of those messages I saw before.

Is this website it tried to get me to go to one of yours? I doubt it. I hope so though because I am worried as to why I'd be getting that.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@slobizman: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! AgileBits definitely owns 1pw.ca, not 1pwd.ca. But, when in doubt, you can always navigate directly to the AgileBits website to download the latest 1Password apps and extensions:

1Password downloads

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• slobizman
    slobizman
    Community Member

It could have been 1pw.ca, can't remember. Wish I took a snapshot of it. Not sure if you should have a dialog box that asks us to click through to anything other than 1password.com or agilebits.com, as anyone with a password manager is generally paranoid (I am!) about what we're clicking. Just a thought.

Thanks for responding on Christmas Eve!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@slobizman: I'm not sure "paranoid" is the right word, but it's certainly important to be vigilant. And when in doubt, don't click through and reach out like you did! Ultimately we're limited in what we can do in the browser extensions themselves, but we'll continue to try to streamline things as much as possible. Anyway, I'm glad to be of help any day of the year, and hope you have a merry Christmas as well! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.