Is AgileBits going to update 1Password to work with new MacBook Pro w/Touch ID?

mkanend
mkanend
Community Member

It would be great to utilize the new Touch Bar with Touch ID to unlock my 1Password on my new MacBook Pro. Do you plan on a release to update? Can you share an ETA? Thank you!

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.5.3
OS Version: OSx 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Is AgileBits going to update 1Password to work with new MacBook Pro w/Touch ID?

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@mkanend as from 1Password 6.5.1 1Password already does as you wish, and can be unlocked using Touch ID. See the release notes.

So long as you've enabled Touch ID on your new Touch Bar MacBook Pro all you need to do is to go to 1Password 6 > Preferences > Security and check Allow Touch ID to unlock 1Password.

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mkanend: Indeed, we launched Touch Bar support in 1Password just over a month ago, and we'd love to hear what you think so far. Cheers! :)

• mkanend
    mkanend
    Community Member

Stephen and Brent - Thanks. Very simple and bit embarrassed that I did not see that in the Preferences. The feature works seamlessly on the Touch Bar. I really like the Touch Bar and appreciate you guys getting the functionality incorporated so quickly into 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're most welcome. And no worries! If you've been using 1Password for a while, it's understandable that you don't go digging through its settings regularly...and after all, we're here to help anyway. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.