Mixup of standalone and subscription purchase

oraclejane
oraclejane
Community Member

I wanted to purchase a standalone 1Password app for my sister (NOT a family license, nor a subscription!). However, your whole website pushes towards the subscription version, WHICH I DO NOT WANT, AS I DO NOT WANT TO BE PAYING FOREVER FOR IT. OK, We first started what seemed like the right direction, but evidently was for a sub. Then I discovered the place to download the app, and purchased it (for over $60). However, she still cannot sync to iCloud, because the app on her MacOS seems stuck in trial mode. I think it's because your records have it as a subscription, but I have paid for the standalone app. Her name, btw, is Gail Morales, which should be in your records somewhere. Please help.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:Gift of 1Password seems stuck in trial mode

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@oraclejane: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Unfortunately 1Password has no way of knowing whether or not you've purchased it unless you register the app with your license information.

But the good news is that all you need to do is follow the instructions in the license email you received from your purchase and click the link to automatically install the license in 1Password to register the app and remove the trial restrictions. In that spirit, I've also resent your license information via email. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.