After "merge" everything is duplicated

JCormac
JCormac
Community Member
edited December 2016 in Mac

I recently had a problem where my iOS devices and my MacPro(5,1) were syncing to different sync files in Dropbox. I followed the instructions that I got in the e-mail or so I thought. Everything is syncing just fine now, but after I thought that I had done everything right, I ended up with twice as many files as before. That is, now I have two identifies, two driver licenses or if I had X number of logins, now I have 2X number logins.

What do I do to get rid of the "extra/duplicate" entries? Is there something automated I can run or do I have select any duplicate files and delete them manually?

Thanks,

JCormac

p.s. My iOS is 09.3.5 w/ 1P @ 6.5.1 and iOS (iPhone) 10.2 w/ 1P @ 6.5.1

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JCormac: Indeed. There isn't a way for 1Password to automatically sort through the duplicates that resulted from maintaining separate vaults with the same data and then merging them. Each item is given a Universally Unique IDentifier (UUID) to prevent overwriting and causing data loss. You can, however, use the Security Audit to find duplicate passwords, and that may get you some of the way there. But ultimately it may be best to go through them one at a time. 1Password isn't going to make some kind of judgment call about what data you should keep and what you shouldn't, but you certainly can since you know what you need. And keep in mind that if you delete items and don't empty the Trash, they'll be there in case you realize that you've disposed of something you needed. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.