Just upgraded from version 4.x to version 6.5.3 having multiple issues

balfred
balfred
Community Member

I upgraded to OS 10.12.2 from 10.9.5 yesterday, and today upgraded 1Password from 4.x to the latest version 6.5.3. 1Password no longer works.
1) It seems to have lost my primary vault with hundreds of passwords and shows no information
2) Won't sync with DropBox
3) Won't backup

Help!

Thanks,
Bruce

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 0s 12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@balfred: I think we'll forget about Dropbox and backup for now, since what you really need is to restore your data. Do you have a backup — Time Machine or otherwise? That would be a good fallback if something went wrong with the system upgrade. If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to see if you still have a vault or backups tucked away somewhere:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Please send it to support+forums@agilebits.com with a link to this discussion and your username in the email so we can 'connect the dots'. And post your Support ID here so we can take a look right away. Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

• balfred
    balfred
    Community Member

@brenty: Thank you so much for your reply. I restored my data from a backup, and then was able to sync to Dropbox and complete a Backup. Everything looks good!
    Really appreciate your help.
    Thanks again,
    Bruce

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Bruce, thank you so much for the update. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear you were able to restore from a backup. I've lost data, so I tend to lose sleep when someone else does. It sounds like you should be all set, but we're here for you if you need us. Happy holidays! :)

• jerry1312
    jerry1312
    Community Member

After upgrading to 1Password 6 on Mac Pro (El Capitan 10.11.6, I only receive an error message:
    "You can't open the application 1Password 6 because it may be damaged or incomplete. "
    How can I do a reinstall because the upgrade does not appear in my download folder. I have a licensed account number.
    Thanks in advance.
    Jerry

• DanielP
    DanielP
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jerry1312,

It sounds like your 1Password 6 update was damaged for some reason. Can you please try reinstalling the 1Password app on your Mac and see if it works?

You can find some instructions on how to do that here.

Let me know how it goes!

This discussion has been closed.