Help

Options
trysha
trysha
Community Member

New to the upgrade pro and cannot find anywhere a user guide to help me work it all out !!!!

Comments

• trysha
    trysha
    Community Member
    Options

I may be in wrong section even this forum confuses me lol I'm trying to set up my iphone

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@trysha: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! And no worries about the category. If needed, we can move this over. Just clarify a few things for me and we'll help you get everything setup:

1. Are you trying to use 1Password only on your iPhone, or on other devices as well?
    2. What kind of iPhone is it?
    3. Which version of iOS does it have?

If you open 1Password, it will guide you through the setup process, but we're here to answer any questions you might have and help in any way we can. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• trysha
    trysha
    Community Member
    Options

I am trying to get it working in my iPhone first then on iPad and mac.. I tried to download it on mac and it's asking for $99 I already just paid $14.99 to upgrade on my phone.
    I already had it on my iPhone which is an iPhone 7 plus with lalest up date, and I just decided to upgrade to pro now I have lost all my old data and can not get back into this new one

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@trysha: If you purchased only 1Password for iOS, the other apps are a separate purchase. As you might imagine, Mac, Windows, and Android apps are not sold through the iOS App Store. And if you had your 1Password data only on your old iPhone, you will not be able to recover it. Do you have a 1Password backup, or have you sync'd your data to other devices?

Going forward, you can get access to all of the apps, the web interface, and avoid dealing with license management and sync configuration altogether (you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data) by using the 1Password.com subscription service, but I'm more concerned that you may have gotten rid of the only copy of your data. Let me know!

• trysha
    trysha
    Community Member
    Options

I had all my data on my phone I was using the free version .. I just decided to upgrade to pro .. so paid the fee within the app and now it's asking me to log in with a key which I don't have I tried the emergency kit with that key and it still doesn't work.. I have the new version with no data and cannot get in it

• trysha
    trysha
    Community Member
    Options

I have not up dated my phone it's still the same one I was using before I purchased ungrade and my phone has been backed up to cloud

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I had all my data on my phone I was using the free version .. I just decided to upgrade to pro .. so paid the fee within the app and now it's asking me to log in with a key which I don't have I tried the emergency kit with that key and it still doesn't work.. I have the new version with no data and cannot get in it

@trysha: The Pro upgrade for 1Password isn't a separate app. It sounds like you may have reinstalled it and are trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you subscribe to 1Password Families (or Teams), or signed up for an individual subscription plan. That’s the only way you’ll have an Account Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device or create a new vault. But if you don't have your data anywhere else, you'll need to start over.

I have not up dated my phone it's still the same one I was using before I purchased ungrade and my phone has been backed up to cloud

Thank you for clarifying. iCloud/iTunes backups are often not reliable when it comes to restoring app data, and there's no way to use them to restore individual apps either. Have you sync'd 1Password with other devices?

• trysha
    trysha
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I did it with my iPad ... so how do I get over this log in asking for a key ?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@trysha: Great! Thanks for telling me. Let's start with the iPad first, since that's where your data is. Make sure you setup iCloud sync in 1Password on your iPad, so that you can sync the data back to your iPhone next:

How to sync 1Password with iCloud

That way instead of choosing the account setup in 1Password on your iPhone, you can have it use your data in iCloud instead. I hope this helps. Let me know how it turns out! :)

• trysha
    trysha
    Community Member
    Options

I password is the same on my pad it's asking me to sign in an account the same as the phone :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@trysha: I may have misunderstood. I thought you were saying that you already have 1Password setup on your iPad with all of your data, but it sounds like you haven't setup 1Password there yet either. Can you tell me which device — if any — you already have 1Password setup, with your data inside it, so we can get it transferred to your other devices? Again, if you don't have it anywhere, you'll need to create a new vault and start over. Unless you had been storing your data in a 1Password.com account previously, it was stored only on individual devices, and it sounds like you may not have it anymore.

• trysha
    trysha
    Community Member
    Options

Yes I think your right I don't have my data on any of my devises... Damn I had passwords stored and now I cannot remember them

• trysha
    trysha
    Community Member
    Options

They should warn you when you upgrade that you will lose your data its most disappointing

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@trysha: I can't tell you how sorry I am to hear that. I've lost data myself in the past and it isn't something I'd wish on anyone. While it doesn't help you in this case, going forward backing up your data will ensure that you don't have to worry about what might go wrong during an update.

1Password for iOS has its own built in backup feature you can use to save your data to to a computer so that you can restore from it if needed.

The 1Password.com subscription service, on the other hand, is able to automatically backup your data, so that all you need to do is login to your account on a device to access your data, even if you've just bought a brand new iPhone.

Again, I'm really sorry that I don't have a solution that will help you retroactively, but a solid backup strategy can help avert disaster in the future.

• trysha
    trysha
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Brenton I don't know what happened but I went in to start again and all my data is back .... have no idea where it came from I just started to make a new vault and it came back .. thanks for your help and kind words.. it's giving me the option to back up to drop box should I do that ? Also can you explain how this version works I have tried to make a folder to start sorting out my files but once I make it where does it go ??? I cannot find it .. gee I'm hopeless I'm usually good with this stuff but 1 password doesn't have any instructions on on to use it

• trysha
    trysha
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry autocheck grrrr Brenty not Brenton

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@trysha: That's AWESOME! I couldn't explain it if I tried, since it sounds like something was maybe hung up for some time after you updated your iPhone.

First thing's first: so we don't have to worry about you going through this nightmare of losing your data again, please follow the instructions here to backup:

Create and restore backups of local vaults

Using iCloud to sync your data between devices may be easier, but you can certainly use Dropbox if you're more comfortable with that:

1Password sync options

But most importantly, sync is not a backup of your data, no matter which option you choose, since data which is deleted or damaged will sync as well.

Please let me know how it turns out, and if you have any other questions at all. Thanks so much for sharing this good news. You've made my day. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.