App deleted - lost data

gbsjamin
gbsjamin
Community Member

After getting really confident with this app, I have started relying on this 100% for one year. I do not think I ever backed up the data. I do not have an account or QR code.

This morning, I learned the app was deleted. I downloaded a new password app. Unlike other apps that have been deleted from my phone, the data did not get recovered into the new 1passkeeper app. I paid an additional £2.99, thinking that was the key.

I think I am shit out of luck, because s the data is no longer anywhere to be found on the phone.

If I do not get my data back, I will just put it on my pc in my old excel spreadsheet. It is trustworthy in comparison to 1Password.

Nothing but bad things to say at his point. If you can tell me a simple way to recover this data, let me know. Otherwise, I will delete.

Comments

• Hi @gbsjamin,

I'm really sorry to hear about the trouble here.

When using 1Password as a standalone app (sans-account) as you were by default your data is stored only on the device you enter it on. As such removing your data from that device removes the only copy. In the case of 1Password for iOS removing the app also removes the data. This is not something we have a choice in, it is done automatically by iOS.

How many other apps work around this is by either storing your data on their servers (via an account -- which we do offer separately), or by syncing with iCloud or another 3rd party sync service. Again these are things we offer but they must be set up. We do not enable them by default as we feel it is important that folks have an understanding of where their sensitive data is being stored, and have some level of control over that.

Sync your 1Password data

We also offer a way to back up 1Password data when using a standalone vault:

1Password backups

I'd recommend checking to make sure you didn't previously set up syncing, and that you truly have not made a backup, before losing any hope.

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask. Thanks!

Ben

• gbsjamin
    gbsjamin
    Community Member

I did find a backup for from the day before, but I do but not know how to access it.

Ben

• Great!

Did you try following the instructions here?

1Password backups

Ben

This discussion has been closed.