Never receive prompts from 1Password

Options

I recently upgraded to a new computer and have had trouble getting 1Password working again.

The 1Password prompt for saving a new password never appears. Nothing seems to work as before.

I have tried using both 1Password 4 and 1Password 6 and have tried both the Beta version of the extension for Chrome and the regular version of the Chrome extension. I have it set to autosave new logins.

Assistance is appreciated.

1Password Version: 4.6.1.617
Extension Version: 4.6.3.1
OS Version: Win 10 64-bit
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Sorry to hear about that, @zhiwiller. Is the extension working otherwise as you expect? Are you able to fill your details into sign in forms and the like? What about manual save?

--
    Jamie Phelps
    Code Wrangler @ AgileBits
    Fort Worth, Texas

• zhiwiller
    zhiwiller
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jamie,
    Thank you for your quick reply.

No, I can't get it to ever save a password. It also doesn't seem to know what domain I'm currently looking at (like if I am on ebay and I click the browser extension I get nothing in the list) However, If I type a site name into the search when I click on the extension, I can get the extension to open a new tab and fill in the correct information, but I cannot ever seem to get it to connect with what I am currently doing.

• zhiwiller
    zhiwiller
    Community Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

Oh! I seem to have fixed it myself. It appeared to have been confused because I had both 1Password6 and 1Password4 hanging around. I uninstalled 1Password6 and now things appear to be working as expected.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @zhiwiller,

The presence of both does seem create confusion. In the past I've always found that when the two are competing for the attention of the extension that 1Password 4 for Windows always wins but it seems you've found the opposite. For the moment you'll only want 1Password 6 for Windows if you have a 1Password account and 1Password 4 for Windows if you have a licence and intend to use locally stored vaults. It's likely that eventually 1Password 6 will serve everybody and then the natural assumption of downloading the latest version will apply again but just for now each version serves a distinct audience and it isn't the case that 1Password 6 is simply an improvement over 1Password 4.

Glad to hear you managed to tame 1Password and things are behaving better and I hope this explanation of the two versions helps a bit.

This discussion has been closed.