How to add an attachment (e.g. JPG) to an item.

posul
posul
Community Member

Hi,

I don't see the expected attachments section in 1P Mac. Presently, when I drag and drop a file into an item it is created as its own item and linked as a related one. I previously was able to add an attachment right into the item. I recently upgraded from an older version to an account - still in trial mode - in case that is relevant.

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:attachment

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@posul if you look at this knowledge base article:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

you'll find this towards the bottom of the page:

Attachments. When you copy an item to a vault in a 1Password account, any attachments will become Documents. Documents are items themselves, and can be managed independently of the items that contain them.

In other words, what you see is just the way a subscription account deals with attachments.

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @posul,

I hope Stephen's answer was helpful for you! Sorry for any confusion about that. As Stephen explained, attachments are handled a bit differently in 1Password accounts, and they are called Documents. A Document is a separate item that can be managed independently of the item that contains it, so it's possible to add files to 1Password without needing to associate them with another existing item. But you can still use it in the same basic way you previously used attachments.

If you have more questions about that, please let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.