Conflict with 1password5 after starting trial for paid online account

TheSailingChannel
TheSailingChannel
Community Member

I originally purchased 1password5 for the Mac in 2015 and installed it on my iMac and my Mac Pro. Today I decided I wanted to combine all my passwords into one synchronized vault that I could share on all devices include Android and iPad. So I started a trail for a monthly license. I was able to set up the new vault with secret and password. It found my original vault and copies it over to a new one on one computer. I can sign in at my.ipassword.com on all my devices. However my local 1pw5 copies are no longer loading properly. They show a clear rectangle only. How do I clean this up? Do I need to uninstall my local copies? I also have Chromebook in the mix. The online account recognizes it and I can sign into my.1password.com in the Chrome browser. Any help with would be appreciated.

1Password Version: 5.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• TheSailingChannel
    TheSailingChannel
    Community Member

BTW, my local version upgraded to 6. Is that causing a conflict with the trail version, which is 5?

• Pilar
    Pilar
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TheSailingChannel

Thank you for taking some time to contact us, I'm glad to hear that you're trying out a 1Password.com account. What's the OS version on the computer with 1Password 5? If you have both 1Password 5 and 6 installed it can for sure be causing some trouble. Just move 1Password 5 to the bin, empty the bin and see if it helps. If you're still having trouble, please restart your computer after this and see if 1Password 6 works correctly. You need version 6 installed in order to be able to use the accounts :chuffed: If you're still having trouble after deleting 1Password 5 please let us know and we'll keep on digging!

This discussion has been closed.