Trouble installing or updating extensions in Safari and Firefox

This discussion was created from comments split from: Safari browser will not properly install the latest extention.

Comments

• HGHUA
    HGHUA
    Community Member

Strangely I just had the same problem with safari. Also has some trouble installing the firefox one. I have to download to desktop and then install. If I try to do it directly it gives a connection error. Also that update box is annoyingly persist ant. Please change this.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @HGHUA,

I'm sorry you're also having some trouble with the 1Password extension in your browsers! I hope you don't mind, but since you also mentioned a problem installing the extension in Firefox, I've split your post into a separate thread so we can focus on the specific issues you're running into.

Strangely I just had the same problem with safari.

Do you mean you were getting a message asking you to update the 1Password extension in Safari, but when you tried to install the update, an error message said "Safari can't install this extension"? It sounds like you were able to solve that, but if you're still being asked to install an update and end up with the same error, the steps on this page might help: If you see "Safari can't install this extension"

Also has some trouble installing the firefox one.

Was that a problem installing the extension in Firefox for the first time, or a problem installing an update? Were you able to solve that, or is it still a problem? If you're still having trouble with the 1Password extension for Firefox, please let us know exactly what happens, the exact steps you take, and what error message you see.

I have to download to desktop and then install. If I try to do it directly it gives a connection error.

Are you referring to the problem in Safari, in Firefox, or both? What is the exact "connection error" it gives you?

Also that update box is annoyingly persist ant. Please change this.

Again, I'm not sure if you're seeing that in Safari or Firefox or both browsers. But the strange thing is that, if you were able to work around the problem in order to install the latest extension(s), you shouldn't be seeing a message about installing an update at all (at least, not until another update is available). If possible, it would be great if you could take a screenshot of that update message and/or any other errors you get (just make sure it doesn't show any personal/private information).

We'll also need to know a few details about your setup:

Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.