Manually added in app doesn't work in browser extension?

Options

So I recently got a sub. I started to use the app.

I tried manually adding my info for https://store.steampowered.com into the windows app since the firefox extension wasn't asking me to save it.

However, that saved login in the app is not showing up in the firefox extension list of saved passwords. However, I know in general it is working because it worked with creating this new account here. 1password asked me if I want to save it and sure enough it shows up in both the app and the extension as a saved login (though I had to update the agilebits address).

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @Wolfen420,

Thanks for reporting this.

That's unusual, I entered some fake data in the Steam's page and it did prompt to auto-save:

Are you using Firefox 50 on your PC with 1Password extension 4.6.2?

• Wolfen420
    Wolfen420
    Community Member
    Options

50.1.0 and 4.6.2

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hi @Wolfen420,

Thanks for reporting this issue - we have two methods of detecting that a login has happened on a web page:
    (1) When a user hits Enter / Return on the keyboard.
    (2) When a user clicks a button that seems to be a Login / Sign-in button.

It looks like in this case 1Password detects that a login occurred in case (1) but not in case (2) which may account for why @MikeT did see a prompt but you did not. As it happens we have been testing this recently and know about this issue with steampowered.com already. Sorry for the inconvenience - however if you do encounter this again with another website, at least you now know that you can try the alternative method of hitting Enter / Return as a work around when logging in. Of course if you do find another website where either method doesn't work we want to hear about it so we can fix it. Again - thank you for reporting this.

Regarding the other issue where your manually created Login item for Steam isn't appearing in the 1Password extension popup - usually the item should appear if you're viewing the same website that appears in the website field of the Login item. So if you created the Login item manually, you will need to add "https://store.steampowered.com/" as the website field - only then will the Login item automatically show up when you click the 1Password extension button to populate the login form.

Let me know if adding that helps!

Matthew

ref: OPX-1295

• Wolfen420
    Wolfen420
    Community Member
    Options

@matthewoflynn Thanks for responding. I tried again today and it now seems to be working. Not sure why it didn't work before, but hey, if it ain't broke. Don't fix it.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey again @Wolfen420,

Thanks for letting us know - if you see something like this again for other websites please do post again!

Best regards,
    Matthew

This discussion has been closed.