How to enable Touch ID for new Macbook Pro 2016 with Touch bar

frhd
frhd
Community Member

According to https://support.1password.com/touch-id-security-mac/, I should be able to use Touch ID to unlock 1Password. However, I don't see it working in the latest build on macOS Sierra:

1Password 6
Version 6.5.3 (653000)
AgileBits Store

Thanks.

1Password Version: 653000
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:macbook touch

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@frhd I assume you've set up Touch ID on your new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and have also set up 1Password to use Touch ID (1Password6 > Preferences > Security and check Allow Touch ID to unlock 1Password). If so, and if it's not working, you may need to delete your existing fingerprints (System Preferences > Touch ID) reboot and create new ones—then try again with 1Password. Although I had no problems others who have had problems have reported that worked for them.

Stephen

• frhd
    frhd
    Community Member

@Stephen_C There is no such option in the preferences section of the 1Password client. I will be trying out the fix you suggested, but to me it seems odd that the option is not there in the first place.

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@frhd in that case I think what I've suggested should work. See this AgileBits' post.

Stephen

• frhd
    frhd
    Community Member

@Stephen_C Your suggestion worked quite fine. Thanks!

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

That's great news! I'm happy to hear that solved the problem. You should be all set, but if you have more questions or run into any trouble, just let us know. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.