Disable TouchID when macbook is closed

genius
genius
Community Member

Hi, currently when my laptop is plugged into external monitors, I usually close the shell and use my external monitors. When triggering 1password, the "Use TouchID" still pops up even though the touchbar is inaccessible. Is there a way to default to not use touchID when the macbook shell is closed?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2.90
OS Version: OSX 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @genius,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this! There's no option to do that in 1Password right now, but we've heard similar requests from other customers, and it's something our developers are investigating. I can't say for sure if or when we'll be able to do that, but I'll add your request to our internal tracker so our developers know you're interested.

Aside from that, I hope you're enjoying 1Password. If you need anything else, please let us know! :)

ref: OPM-4618

• Mark_Rinella
    Mark_Rinella
    Community Member

I would second this request. Incredibly inefficient to have to bypass TouchID when cover is closed and it is not available. Thanks

• Hi @Mark_Rinella ,

Thanks for the request. We are currently looking into whether this is possible. Currently, we do not believe there is a supported way to do this, but we continue to investigate.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• mttransplant
    mttransplant
    Community Member

I would just like to say +1 for this idea.

Thanks!

Adam

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for letting us know! :)

This discussion has been closed.