Move opvault file in 1PV6

RickCunn
RickCunn
Community Member

I am using 1PV6.5.3. I would like to move the opvault file. How can I do that?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• RickCunn
    RickCunn
    Community Member

Let me clarify the question. The reason I would like to move opvault is because it is stored in a local Dropbox folder. It is the only thing Dropbox is being used for. If I can move opvault then I can get rid of the unused Dropbox.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RickCunn,

Thanks for your question! The .opvault file in Dropbox is only used for syncing your 1Password data with other devices. Your main database is stored in another location on your Mac (within the ~/Library/ folder), so you can just delete the .opvault file from Dropbox if you want to - that will disable the Dropbox sync settings in 1Password on your devices, but your data will be fine.

If you'd like to switch to a different sync method for 1Password, we explain the options here: Sync your 1Password data

If you have more questions about that, just let us know. Cheers! :)

• RickCunn
    RickCunn
    Community Member

Thanks for that. I started syncing via iCloud some time ago. So I can delete .opvault. Your explanation also explains something I noticed about the .opvault file. That is, the file meta data tells me the last time it was accessed was over 6 months ago, which is probably when I switched from Dropbox to iCloud sync. I was wondering about the date stamp showing last access. Now I know.

• @RickCunn,

:+1:

I'm glad that @Drew_AG was able to answer your question. Let us know if you have any others in the future.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.