Why does 1Password continue to quit unexpectedly on 2016 MacBook Pro?

Anaco_angler
Anaco_angler
Community Member

I have been using the TouchBar on my 2016 MacBook Pro to access 1Password but periodically Touch ID will no longer unlock 1Password. When I open iPassword and check preferences, the "Allow Touch ID to unlock 1Password" dialog box is not present and does not reappear until I restart my MBP. Usually between the point when Touch ID is no longer working and the restart, when I open 1Password to check preferences I will receive a notification that 1Password has closed unexpectedly. Clicking reopen does not restore Touch ID functionality so there's nothing else to do but restart the MBP. I've sent the diagnostic report to Apple each time 1Password has closed unexpectedly but I'm not sure that does any good. I would estimate this has happened roughly 2-3 times per week over the last month. Is this considered normal operation for 1Password on the McBook Pro's with the TouchBar?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: mac OS 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:1Password shutting down unexpectedly

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@Anaco_angler:

Is this considered normal operation for 1Password on the McBook Pro's with the TouchBar?

No—everything works perfectly on mine. I'm not sure whether the crashes are related but absence of Touch ID in 1Password preferences has been cured for others by deleting (in System Preferences > Touch ID) the registered fingerprints, rebooting and re-registering the fingerprints. You might start by trying that and see if it also solves the crashes in 1Password.

Stephen

• Anaco_angler
    Anaco_angler
    Community Member

Stephen_C, thank you. I followed your suggestion so we'll see if 1Password remains stable. I had not deleted and re-registered my fingerprint during previous recovery efforts. Hope this works.

• Glad to hear it's working. Let us know if it acts up in the future.

Cheers,
    Kevin

This discussion has been closed.