Can backup location be moved in V6?

RickCunn
RickCunn
Community Member

The 1PV6 file backup location is buried fairly deeply under users/library in a location I'll never remember. I found the backups in Time Machine on my Time Capsule (screen shot of the path). However if I ever have a HD failure and need to recover from TM I'll have a hard time locating the path to those backups. Moving the backups to a folder nearer the root in a spot I can recall would be a lot handier. Is that possible?

1Password Version: V6.5.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @RickCunn,

Thanks for contacting us with your question! The location for backups cannot be changed, but it's very easy to find it - just open 1Password and go to 1Password > Preferences > Backup, then click the Show Files button to open the folder where the backups are stored.

If you have a hard drive failure on a Mac, I imagine you would probably restore the full Time Machine backup on its replacement. Restoring from Time Machine will include your 1Password data, so you wouldn't need to worry about the exact location of the 1Password backups.

However, if for some reason you need to find your 1Password backups in Time Machine, you can find them in one of the following locations, depending on whether you had been using the AgileBits Store version or the Mac App Store version of 1Password:

AgileBits Store version:
    ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4/Backups/

Mac App Store version:
    ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword-osx-helper/Data/Library/Backups/

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you need anything else. Have a great weekend! :)

• RickCunn
    RickCunn
    Community Member

Ok Thanks for that. Good thing AB keeps the support forum history. If I ever need to restore the 1P backups in TM this will point me to it. I don't think one can overdo security or backups.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! And I 100% agree with this:

I don't think one can overdo security or backups.

We're here for you if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.