I have a family account that I set up on a Mac at home. I now want to use it on my work PC.

Options
ChrisGage
ChrisGage
Community Member

I have a family account that I set up on a Mac at home. I now want to use it on my work PC. However, I can't seem to figure out how to do this. I have 1Password 4 installed on my PC and I enter my master password but it does not show the passwords I've previously set up on my Mac.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Family account

Comments

• Hi @ChrisGage - Thank you for reaching out and I'll be happy to help. You will need to install 1Password 6 on your work PC then sign into your 1Password.com account. I will include a helpful link below that will walk you through getting this set up -

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#add-your-account

Let us know if you have any questions and have a fantastic day!

• ChrisGage
    ChrisGage
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for getting back to me. So, I downloaded 1Password 4 for my Windows machine. 1Password 6 is a beta and I have to register for it, which I did. Is that the best way to proceed?

When I open 1Password 4, it asks for my master password, which I enter. It then brings me to the screen shot attached.

How do I get this to sync with my Family account, which I set up on my Mac at home?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ChrisGage! - 1Password 4 has no support for our subscription model. To log in to your Family account you'll need to install 1Password 6. You can download it here.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'I have to register for it'. All you would need to do after installing it is sign in to your Family account using your account credentials.That should be it. If you see any issues signing in, pleas let me know.

I hope this helps. :)

• ChrisGage
    ChrisGage
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know what that registering was about either. But I downloaded 1Password 6 and it works fine. Thanks for all your help.

• Hi @ChrisGage - That's fantastic news! I'm happy @Roman_AG was able to help out. I'll make sure to give him a high-five the next time I see him :-) Let us know if we can be of any further assistance. Have a great day!

This discussion has been closed.