New Mac Vault added in Dropbox cant be seen or added in other devices?

pwenn
pwenn
Community Member

I created a new Vault and added it to Dropbox on my MacBook. I then began moving work passwords into the vault which works well on the MacBook but on all mobile and other Macs connected to the same synched file I am unable to discover or add the new vault with the work passwords. I have looked at the forums and sync issues with Dropbox but nothing has resolved this problem. Would I be better switching to iCloud or is this only available for subscription services?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 6.5.3
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:cant sync vault on dropbox

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pwenn,

I'm sorry you're having trouble syncing your new vault to other devices!

Each vault that you want to sync via Dropbox will have its own sync settings in 1Password, and each one will need to have a separate sync file in Dropbox. On your MacBook where you created that vault, please double-check its sync settings:

• Open 1Password on your MacBook and go to 1Password > Preferences in the menubar.
    • Click the Sync tab, then select your new vault on the left side.
    • Make sure it shows your new vault is set to sync with Dropbox.
    • Assuming Dropbox is enabled for the new vault, check the file name and file path for its sync file in Dropbox.

If the new vault is syncing with Dropbox, you'll need to add that new vault to 1Password on your other Macs. To do that, you can simply navigate to the sync file in your local Dropbox folder and double-click on it. This will open the 1Password app and prompt you to create a new vault from that sync file.

Hopefully this helps, but please let us know if you have any trouble with that, or if you have more questions. Cheers! :)

• pwenn
    pwenn
    Community Member

Hi Drew,

Thanks for the information. That was the missing piece I couldn't find, to double-click on the file to open it in the second 1P. I was looking for this to auto sync, show up or have the option to search and add an already created Vault.

Regards
    Peter

• @pwenn,

Good to see that you figured it out and that @Drew_AG was able to help you. Let us know if you have any questions in the future.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.