Anyone have trouble with Facebook?

Options

So It seems odd. When I got to Facebook it fills in the info, but it doesn't submit and login. I do have the option set to login for me. Anyone else have trouble with Facebook?

1Password Version: 6.2.333d
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Wolfen420,

Thanks for contacting us - sorry about the trouble with Facebook. I've just tried it using the same versions as you and 1Password logged me in. Hopefully we can get it working for you too.

You mentioned that you have the option set to log you in. I'd just like to ask if the option you have ticked is this checkbox in the 1Password app:

Options > Browser > "Automatically sign in after filling usernames and passwords"

Best regards,
    Matthew

• Wolfen420
    Wolfen420
    Community Member
    Options

Thats correct. Under the browser section in options.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

Hmmm - perhaps there is another extension causing trouble here - do you have any other extensions installed @Wolfen420 ?
    If you do could you let me know the names and versions of them please?

Additionally, and this is a wild guess but are you using Facebook in English or another language?

Best regards,
    Matthew

• Wolfen420
    Wolfen420
    Community Member
    Options

I have a quite an extensive list of extensions. But for facebook specifically there is Facebook Purity and a Share Button one. Facebook is in English mode.

• matthew_ag
    matthew_ag
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi again @Wolfen420,

Thanks for your reply - I have installed Facebook Purity in my Chrome but I haven't been able to reproduce the same issue unfortunately. There were way too many "Share Button" button extensions for me to try so I'm afraid I couldn't test that one :blush:

If you want to try to see if one of your other extensions is interfering with 1Password you can quickly create a new blank profile in Chrome from the menubar. Click People > "Add Person..." That will allow you to create an extra blank Chrome profile - when Chrome asks you to sign in you can click "No Thanks" at the bottom to skip that. Then you can then install the 1Password extension in that new profile. That way you'll only have the 1Password extension installed. Then go to facebook.com to see it works for you.

If it does then you'll know that it was one of your other extensions that was interfering. To discover which one it was just add your extensions to the new Chrome profile one-by-one and after adding each one test facebook.com. If facebook.com suddenly stops working you'll know which extension caused this.

I would love to hear how this goes for you and if it helped. If it did turn out to be another extension, we'd love to know so that we can investigate and perhaps help others with the same issue.

Thanks for posting and I'm looking forward to hearing back.

Best regards,
    Matthew

• Wolfen420
    Wolfen420
    Community Member
    Options

You know. I have discovered it seems like FF with remember passwords (which I disabled last week) has been the source of some of these problems. Once I disabled that I can sign in to Facebook as well, just like with Steam.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @Wolfen420,

I'm glad to hear things are working again. We do see confusion caused if the browser's autofilling feature is also enabled but hopefully it won't bother you any more now that it's disabled :smile:

If you run into any other issues please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.