Why are my logs full of 1password errors

bwanajag
bwanajag
Community Member

My logs are full of the following errors...what's going on? How do I correct this?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bwanajag,

I'm sorry you keep getting errors about 1Password in those logs! Are you noticing any problems using 1Password on your Mac? Or does it seem to work correctly but keeps giving you those errors? If you reboot your Mac, does it make any difference or does the same thing keep happening?

The log messages are mentioning a crash - has 1Password been crashing for you at all, and/or do you see any windows offering to send a crash report? When did you first start to notice this was happening?

• bwanajag
    bwanajag
    Community Member

The issue seems to revolve around the following...
    I clone my hard drive and it confuses 1Password. It persists after reboot as well. I usually start 1Password up, I get the same error, I quit 1Password and reopen it, and then it just starts working.

Ok, after opening and quitting 1Password about 4 times, the menu bar app remained open and the crash has stopped filling my logs.

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited January 2017

Having a second copy of 1PW can create problems, as you have seen. That's due to an Apple bug, which can launch the wrong version of 1PW Mini.

Best option is to exclude 1PW from the cloning process, which is easy enough to do. It's only the app that needs excluding, the data can still be included.

It's easy enough to re-download 1PW if it is needed on the clone. Or you could zip your 1PW and include the zipped file in the clone, for even easier access

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bwanajag,

Danco is correct: When you open 1Password, it asks the OS (specifically launchd) to open 1Password mini - but if launchd finds multiple copies of the app, it often tries to open the wrong copy of 1Password mini (even if we try to specify the right one). If that happens, you won't be able to open 1Password. We have more information about that here: If you see "extra copies of 1Password found"

If you don't want to have to try multiple times to launch 1Password, Danco's suggestions will take care of that. I hope that helps, but if you have more questions about that or need anything else, please let us know. We're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.