Cannot install 1password on my MacBook Pro

grenier_philippe
grenier_philippe
Community Member

Hello,

I very recently downloaded the 1password app on my iPad and I am very happy with it. I wanted to install the safari extension on my MacBook Pro. I am using OS 10.9.5. First, it looks like I needed to download the 4.4.3 version of the 1password app on my laptop, not the latest version. Then from there I have been unable to download the 1password data. I have been googling and searching on the forum. I also tried to use the synch with dropbox but here I have been unable to send the data from either the web or from my iPad (brand new iPad pro) to dropbox.

Thanks in advance,

Philippe

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @grenier_philippe,

In the setup you currently have where your Mac is running 1Password 4 and your iPad is running 1Password 6 the only way you'll be able to get this to work is if you:

First, setup the Mac to sync to dropbox. This will create a 1Password.agilekeychain file on dropbox that you can then synchronize your iPad with. If you setup the iPad to sync first then it will create a 1Password.opvault file that 1Password 4 won't be able to read.

Rudy

• grenier_philippe
    grenier_philippe
    Community Member

Thank you, but I don't know how to "setup the Mac to synch to dropbox". Can you give directions? Thanks in advance.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@grenier_philippe Sure! We have a great guide here. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else. I’ll be happy to help!

This discussion has been closed.