Please publish the un-minified source code for the 1Password browser extensions

peter_1pswd
peter_1pswd
Community Member

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how the browser plugin connects to the Desktop app.
It look like the source code for (at least the Chrome extension) is minified :(

Can you please share the un-minified code with us?

Thank you :)

1Password Version: -
Extension Version: -
OS Version: -
Sync Type: -

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @peter_1pswd! Thanks for reaching out to us about this. We don't usually publish source code related to our browser extensions or other components of 1Password. Would you mind telling me why you'd want his kind of information? If there's anything unclear with how the browser extensions work or if something isn't working the way you'd expect, I'll be happy to help. :)

• peter_1pswd
    peter_1pswd
    Community Member

I want to find possible vulnerabilities in the implementation. Sending me the un-minified source code would really help :)
    I understand that 1Password is a proprietary, closed-source software. But what's the problem with publishing the browser extension?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@peter_1pswd: Off the top of my head (har har), there are a couple problems with giving out the source code to the 1Password browser extensions (or any other components):

1. We'd be doing your work for you, robbing you of a good challenge and untold fun in the process. Booo! :tongue: :-1:
    2. We'd be making it a lot easier for our competitors/fans to directly copy us, and since they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery, we'd be robbing ourselves of all manner of indirect praise. ;) :-1:

Thanks for your interest though. While we don't currently have any plans to give away the fruits of our labours, it may be something we consider someday. :sunglasses:

This discussion has been closed.