Small Mac app idea to front 1Password; is it possible?

bdeshong
bdeshong
Community Member

I've got a number of OTPs setup in 1Password logins. I'd love to be able to access them more quickly, such as via a small Mac menu bar-based application. Opening 1Password, finding the login, and copying the OTP value isn't terrible...I'd just like to make it a little bit simpler to access very quickly.

Can I use AppleScript or a 1Password SDK of sorts to copy the current OTP value for a given login?

Thanks in advance!

1Password Version: 6.5.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 10.12.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

Hi @bdeshong! - Thanks for getting in touch! You don't have to open 1Password to receive your OTP. OTPs are available through 1Password mini. Here's an example from my Mac:

OTP

Would that be quick enough? :)

• bdeshong
    bdeshong
    Community Member

@Roman_AG Yeah, I'm aware of this, but feel like I'd like for it to be more streamlined. I'm typically logging into servers via SSH where I need to use an OTP to authenticate, so I'm working in a Terminal.

It'd be nice to avoid the context switching of using 1Password mini, going into my Servers group, finding it in the list, hovering over it, and clicking to copy the OTP value, only to paste it back in my Terminal window.

Thanks, though!

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017

@bdeshong Thanks for clarifying. I understand the issue here then is not so much the OTP itself, but rather a more streamlined way to access your 1Password data in apps other than browsers in general. This is something we have on our radar, but at this point I have nothing specific to share in that department. Thanks for taking the time to let us know this is important to you. I appreciate it! :)

ref: OPM-3053

This discussion has been closed.