Can we add a variable to fill in?

Options

One web site I use, in addition to a user/pass, also asks me for my ID #. Is there a way to have this variable stored in 1P and automatically filled out, when the username and pass are filled in? Thank you!

1Password Version: Latest version OSX
Extension Version: Latest version Chrome
OS Version: Latest version OSX
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @morganf,

Can you try saving a Login item from inside the browser please. 1Password can fill 3+ fields but only if a Login item is saved in this way as 1Password needs to understand what fields it should interact with. As you have an existing Login item 1Password shouldn't be bothering you each time with whether you want to save so the steps on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser should help. If that doesn't help how would you feel about sharing the URL for this page via our public support forums? We'd love to take a look and see what we can learn about the page :smile:

• morganf
    morganf
    Community Member
    Options

Hey,

I'd love to share the URL but privately -- how can I contact you privately?

Also, does this mean I need to delete the entry in 1P and re-save it?

Thanks
    morgan

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @morganf,

If you prefer to communicate the URL privately that's fine, we can be contacted using support+ extension@agilebits.com. The manually saving a Login steps allow you to save a second Login item so you don't have to delete the first, not unless the second works and you want to keep it over the original :smile:

• morganf
    morganf
    Community Member
    Options

I saved it using the exact process you suggested above (following the instructions on the page you linked), and it didn't save my ID # :(

I'll email you the URL

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @morganf,

We received your email with the URL and other info; thanks for sending that in! Someone will be responding there as soon as possible, and we'll keep the conversation going there so we're not getting wires crossed between both places. :)

ref: NMC-67174-917

This discussion has been closed.