Updating / Adding missing Icons

ronen
ronen
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Mac

How can I add icons to missing icon items ( Logins / Secure notes etc ... ) ?
That of course will be sync to all my iOS devices ...

Thanks

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.5.3 (653001) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.2 sierra
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• TobiasAT
    TobiasAT
    Community Member

Same question from my side. Since a long time the icons will be not added for new or updated logins. The sites have a favicon or other symbols in their URLs but 1Password does not use them. I have old logins with icons, in the past the process worked.

The OS and 1Password version is the same but it's the Family edition (subscription).

• Hi @ronen and @TobiasAT,

The rich icons feature of 1Password doesn't actually make use of favicon that websites typically use as the artwork that they have is sized for the address bar and looks pretty badly when scaled up. Instead we have created and store higher resolution versions of those icons on our rich icon server that 1Password then requests the artwork from.

If you have a specific icon you want to apply to a login item you can simply edit the item and double click on the icon to supply your own image.

Rudy

• TobiasAT
    TobiasAT
    Community Member

Hello Rudy,

thanks for the info. Ok, I understand the point about the "small icons", but for me a small (not so perfect) icon is better compared to no icon. I have a lot of logins from sites in Switzerland, Germany or Austria, all without an icon. I assume these sites are not known in Canada or the US and will never have an icon on your server.
    I think a more user friendly option is to use the favicon (as a fallback) if your icon server provides no picture for the url. If you server has an icon 1Password should use that icon. And, in case the user is not happy with the not so perfect icon, he has always the option to use his custom picture.

Regards
    Tobias

• @TobiasAT,

I can certainly see where that would be desirable. I took a look at our bug tracker and found something that looks like it fits with this request as OPM-2674.

Rudy

ref: OPM-2674

This discussion has been closed.