1PW license transfer.

jbuerge
jbuerge
Community Member

I had to do an iMac HD wipe and reinstall for Sierra OS 10.12.2. I transferred data by "drag and drop" from B/U drive. I have 1PW6 6.5.3 code for my previous purchase, but can find no place to reregister new 1PW/6 download to reactivate it. Help.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Transfer 1PW/6 to new iMac. How do I validate serial number?

Comments

• MaxSiegel
    MaxSiegel
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @jbuerge, sorry to hear about all that hassle! Here's what I can do: I'll resend your standalone license via email. Double-click on the attached license file, and it will automatically apply itself to 1Password 6. And I'd like to double-check, you can still access your previously saved 1Password data, right? :)

• jbuerge
    jbuerge
    Community Member

I applied the license to 1PW6, but I do not have any of my previous data on my iMac as you asked. I do have my data on my iPad and iPhone. Where do I find the file?

• Hi @jbuerge,

You would want to turn on either iCloud or Dropbox sync on your iPad and iPhone; and then turn on the same syncing mechanism on your Mac in order to get the data repopulated into 1Password.

Let us know which you'd like to do and we can help you get that setup.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.