Cant find database

Nevis
Nevis
Community Member

For some reason when I start up 1P I now get the "Welcome to" screen. Using the "find existing" button I go to Dropbox and go
Apps>1 Password>1Password.opvault>default>and then a long list of "band"s which I'm not allowed to open.

Any ideas please ?

1Password Version: 3.8.22 (build 32010)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.6.8
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• Hi @Nevis,

Based on the file path you quote in your post, it sounds like you might've set up that dropbox vault from an iOS or Android device, and from the looks of it, that was probably the most recent version of 1Password on that device. Unfortunately from your 1Password version details you're not going to be able to use that opvault to populate 1Password 3. The opvault format was introduced after 1Password 3, which is unfortunately the only version of 1Password that can run on OS X 10.6.8.

I think the only way to get that to work would be to:
    1. delete the opvault file from Dropbox
    2. setup 1Password on the Mac to sync to dropbox (the vault it puts there should be empty at that point if you don't have anything in 1Password on the Mac)
    3. turn on sync on the iPhone/Android device which should see the 1Password.agilekeychain and offer to merge its data into it

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.