I just purchased a MacBook Pro and can't seems to download 1Password and find my license for v 5. He

Jackoregan
Jackoregan
Community Member

I purchased version 5, but can't find my password. I don't recall how I obtained it. Any help?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I just purchased a MacBook Pro and can't seems to download 1Password and find my license for v 5. He

Comments

• danco
    danco
    Volunteer Moderator

Any machine that can use 1PW5 can also use 1PW6, and the same licence works.

If you bought direct from AgileBits you can get your licence sent again by going to https://support.1password.com/trial-expired/#add-your-license but if you bought on the App Store there isn't a licence.

1PW can just be downloaded from the AgileBits web site.

One issue is that there is a fairly new subscription method, which does have some advantages (see https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/68576/whats-the-difference-between-a-1password-subscription-and-a-standalone-license#latest for details). When you set up 1PW you have to "continue without an account" - or some such wording - if you want to stay with the one-time purchase.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@Jackoregan I've just checked your license and you indeed purchased it directly from us, so the link @danco pointed you to will indeed work to have your license resent. In case you need to download 1Password 6, it's available here.

Please let me know if you need anything else. I’d be happy to help! :)

• Jackoregan
    Jackoregan
    Community Member

Thanks for your help. I'm still blocked however. I downloaded 1Password 6 without a problem. However, when I request my password using the link you provided above, I get the password for 1Password 3, which is declared invalid when I type it into the required field. Something is missing here apparently.

• Jackoregan
    Jackoregan
    Community Member

Looks like I'm doing a complete backup for my laptop. That's ok for me. I'll just let the machine run all night.

• Jackoregan
    Jackoregan
    Community Member

Ignore the last message. I still don't have my account humber to activate iPassword. Please help.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@Jackoregan I've just sent you your license keys, including the one for 1Password 6. Please note that the key comes in form of a license file that you just need to download and open. The license will be applied automatically. I hope this helps! :)

In case you can't make this work, please contact us by email and post the message ID you received here. I'll make sure to get back to you right away.

• Jackoregan
    Jackoregan
    Community Member

Sorry to keep bugging you, Roman, but no cigar. I haven't heard back from support. The download you sent me directed me to a buy 1Password page, which was no help. No license file or key that I can find which works. I clearly am doing something wrong here because this process shouldn't be so hard. What am I neglecting?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni

@Jackoregan I found your message and will contact you in a couple of minutes.

ref: EQS-35328-437

This discussion has been closed.