What are "Conflicts"? Yesterday I update half of my logins to new email address. Some show Conflicts

GeoffMansfield
GeoffMansfield
Community Member

Recently changed ISP. Just getting round to updating personal data and profiles in each company that I use via 'Logins'. Many are showing "Conflicts" and I cannot find any information about this error (code)?

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 653001
OS Version: OSX 10.11.6
Sync Type: wireless
Referrer: forum-search:Conflicts

Comments

• Hi @GeoffMansfield,

A conflict can occur if you're synchronizing your data among several devices and that particular item was independently edited on both the local machine and one of the other devices. If you look at the item there should be a conflict section that details which fields may have to be reviewed to identify which information is the most up to date between the possible values.

Rudy

• GeoffMansfield
    GeoffMansfield
    Community Member

Thank you Rudy for that nice clear explanation. Why isn't there a FAQ on 'Conflicts', as I cannot be the only one it has happened to?
    I use my iMac as the 'Master', so with your excellent guidance, I have gone through and deleted the offending fields.
    Thanks again.

Geoff

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

On behalf of Rudy, you're most welcome! I'm sorry our support site didn't have information about that. I can let our docs team know an article about Conflicts would be helpful.

Hopefully you're all set now, but if you need anything else, we're always happy to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.