To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Licensing wont work on Mac

Options
thescotsman
thescotsman
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Memberships

I use the original 1password (fully licensed on WIN) and I have just bought a MAC and it appears I have buy a new set of licenses / my current license wont work on osx? Can you confirm? From what I can tell your new cloud version will work, however I am not interested in using your new cloud version - it is not mature enough yet. I trialed it and it is not good enough yet.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• MaxSiegel
    MaxSiegel
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @thescotsman, sorry for the mixup there! Yes, you'll want to purchase an upgrade license so you can use 1Password on both PCs and Macs. You can get started by adding your current license code on our upgrade license page.

I'm also curious, what would you like to see with our 1Password.com service, once it's more mature? :)

Hopefully that helps, looking forward to hearing back from you!

• thescotsman
    thescotsman
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Max

Thanks for getting back to me. I have to say I do feel a aggrieved that your product works across all devices except osx. Meaning that as a long term customer and advocate, because I bought a mac I have to pay an additional 30 bucks. Making your product work across my phone, win and osx laptop very expensive.

• Hi @thescotsman,

I'm sorry that you feel that way. The license you purchased was for 1Password for Windows from when we sold it and the Mac licenses separately (and cheaper). Long term customers get the cheaper upgrade price to upgrade their license, and I think that that's a fair way of saying thanks for your support.

The limitations and complications due to licensing were a large motivator for us to create 1Password.com. We want to take that pain point away and provide an easy way for everyone to have access to everything.

I would love to hear about what you feel isn't mature enough with 1Password.com. We want to make it better, so knowing your pain points with it would help us greatly.

Cheers.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.