To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

locked out from 1Password. Can I delete and reinstall? pitfall?.

Options
keimei
keimei
Community Member

I have tried the suggestions about passwords with no luck. I did sign up for subscriptions following all the steps before I looked to see that there is a cost. I did not proceed, but an upload did occur. Since then I cannot unlock my program. Can I delete the app, data download and begin again? What pitfall will I run across? I understand you cannot "unlock" my app, and thus think about deleting and install with my data from my laptop.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:locked out from 1Password. Can I delete and reinstall? pitfall?

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @keimei! Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to hear that you seem to have misplaced your Master Password. Of course, starting over is always an option, but it should be a last resort as it usually means you'll lose your data, unless you have it elsewhere too.

Are you still able to log in to your 1Password account in your browser, i.e. is the Master Password for the account still available to you?
    If so, would continuing to use your already existing account be an option for you? It would be the easiest way to get back on track, as all you'd need to do would be to start over with your app and then sign in to your account.

Would that work for you? :)

• keimei
    keimei
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for you reply, I was able to log in in the browser, so I think its all good.

How do I cancel the subscriptions on 1password.com. I did not set up vaults and I have not entered a credit card #. Will it die after a short period of time? I have decided that the best route is for me to continue using 1Password on my computer.

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2017
    Options

@keimel - Yes, correct. If you don't add a credit card, the account will 'freeze' at the end of the trial period. Just make sure you're not signed in to the account on any of your devices anymore to avoid confusion when the account freezes. :)

This discussion has been closed.