To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Locked out of my Accounts momentarily

Options
wkleem
wkleem
Community Member

I have my Dropbox synced Primary Vault which can be seen by 1Password 6.5 for iOS but the Teams account cannot as I have to be at my PC to type in the Teams credentials. Is there a way to copy back to Primary Vault, Offline? Thanks.

Comments

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wkleem! Thanks for getting in touch! I'm not entirely sure what you mean by

Is there a way to copy back to Primary Vault, Offline?

Could you please tell me in a bit more detail what you're trying to achieve? I'll be happy to help in any way I can. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @Roman_AG, I have set up my phone with Dropbox and 1Password 6.5.1. At this point, I realise that some modified vaults are in the Teams - Personal vault. I cannot log back into the vaults without knowing the password being stored in Teams.

My 4" iPhone makes it cumbersome and the 1Password site isn't design for a 4" screen. It would be helpful to be able to see the 1P vault without an internet connection?

• Roman
    Roman
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem Sorry for sounding a bit thick here, but is there a reason why you don't just set up your Teams account in 1Password on your iPhone? That would indeed solve both issues: it provides you with a better user interface and your data would be available offline. Would that not work for you?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Not a problem @Roman_AG, except the QR Code camera on 1Password for iOS 6.5.1 needs to see the QR Code but I've never figured out, unlike PC browsers like Chrome, how to do it from the same device.

• Hi @wkleem - Great question! You can scan the QR Code located on your Emergency Kit. You can also scan the QR Code listed under the "Get the Apps" page when you sign into your account online. When you sign into your account > Click on the account name in the upper right hand side > Select "Get the Apps" from the drop down menu > The QR Code is on the right hand side. You also have the option of typing your login information manually. I will include a helpful link below, just in case -

https://support.1password.com/account-key/

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions and have a great day :-)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Another question, How does the Emergency Kit from the Accounts Tasks to Complete know when I've done my Tasks? I have previously downloaded it to Windows but the task still shows not completed. I think I downloaded it? :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Hmm. That's interesting. I haven't heard of issues with 1Password.com marking that complete when you save the Emergency Kit during the signup process, but it's possible when had a bug there previously. If you click on where it says "Save your Emergency Kit" under your quests, you can save it there and that should check it off for you. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the advice. I tried and it now works. I haven't ticked all items. I don't like to put a picture over things, for example. Is there a way to simply dismiss unchecked items?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: There isn't a way to dismiss the quests manually, but we're looking into that and other ways of improving them. The feedback on this is appreciated. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

@brenty,

A repost of my comment that 1Password.com is not designed for 4" screens, like other parts of Agilebits. I have never gotten Apps Love 1Password to fit comfortably on a small phone.

The icons are still massive in relation to the phone size:

https://blog.agilebits.com/1password-apps/

Also have looked at Emergency Kit and it is per device? I saw it unchecked on my iPhone when I have already checked it off on my PC.

• Hi @wkleem - Sorry about the "Apps Love 1Password" not fitting properly on your screen. Can you send us over a screenshot so we have a better understanding?

The Emergency Kit is not per device. Hmmm... I checked this on my end and the quest has been completed when I sign on my iPhone and Mac. Can you try to complete it on your iPhone and see it remains checked for you? Keep us posted and let us know if you have any additional questions. Look forward to your reply :-)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Hi

What I previously did was to download it into my PC and have not done anything else. The task was checked on my PC. I will complete it and post later.

• Hi @wkleem - Yes, keep us posted :-) I appreciate the additional details. Have a great day.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Ah, I remember that. It was before @Frank_AG 's time, but I filed an issue for that previously. Unfortunately the web team has had a lot on their plate so they haven't gotten a chance to redesign that page. For reference, here's a screenshot:

I'm sorry that this hasn't been resolved yet, but I do appreciate you giving us a friendly nudge on this.

ref: AGW-223

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Brent,

I recall reporting this issue some time back. Thanks for the screenshot! It looks like some parts of 1Password just isn't optimised for mobile.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Yeah, that's what I mean. Thanks again. :)

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

The first thing that I will need to do is to get a PDF editor as what I have are PDF readers, like iBook and GoodReader.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I haven't found one I liked on Windows yet, so I'll be glad to hear what you decide on. On macOS, PDFpen is fantastic. A bit pricey though, and for some things one can get by with Preview...but I've heard some horror stories about it mangling files, so it may help to perform edits on a copy, not the original. Cheers!

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

It's Pricey all right! I checked the iOS version and it's $29. for PDFpen 2. I may stick to Acrobat for Windows as I have an old license for it but Acrobat is as bad as Flash (or is Flash worse now) for vulns.

• Hehe, sounds good :sunglasses:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

There was a time when "Accounts" meant something completely different like Accounts vs Logjns. I have some Accounts. How does it translate into Teams vs App Logins.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: Oh dear. You're right. I'd forgotten about that, since only 1Password for Windows version 4 still supports the "Accounts" item category. These are handled as Logins in the newer apps, since in almost all cases you'd want to be able to have 1Password fill these in the browser anyway. Definitely a bit different than a 1Password.com Account, but potentially a bit confusing nevertheless. :blush:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

There is no Accounting for .... Never mind, I'm joking :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

BAAAHAHAHAHAHA :lol:

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

I have purchased PDFpen 2 iOS which cannot locate the Emergency Kit. iBook sees it and the PDF location is unknown. I find the 1Password Account opaque. QR Code can be seen in the PDF but not read?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@wkleem: I guess maybe I don't understand what you're trying to do to your Emergency Kit. Can you break it down for me?

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

The instructions for the 1Password Account Key states that 1Password Account is already signed in:
    https://support.1password.com/account-key/

Open and unlock 1Password.
    Tap Settings, then tap 1Password Accounts.
    Tap your account, then tap Reveal Account Key or View QR Code.

I was attempting to sign in from an unsigned state.

Here's the instruction for the Emergency Kit.
    https://support.1password.com/emergency-kit/

Use your Emergency Kit

Your Emergency Kit contains everything needed to sign in to your account on 1Password.com, or in the apps:

Sign-in address. The web address you use to sign in to your account.
    Email address. The email address you used to create your account.
    Account Key. A unique code which protects your data. Learn more.
    Master Password. A place to record your Master Password.
    QR Code. A square barcode that makes it convenient to sign in on new devices. (but not on the same device if only a single device is available) unless it was printed out first.

Unlike on a PC where I can use the QR Code from a single device.

I downloaded the Emergency Kit earlier but could not get PDFpen 2 to edit the EK to fill in the Master Password on my iPhone.

As was previously mentioned 1Password.com on a small screen is an issue.

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Here's the 1Password Account QR Code instruction screenshot from PC.

I am not seeing something similar on iOS. Emphasis is on Use QR Code from Clipboard.

• Hi @wkleem,

You're right, no apps other than our Windows app support reading the QR code from the clipboard.

In the case of how to use the Emergency Kit from a single device (iOS), the best route at the moment is to use the manual sign in and copy/paste the account key and sign-in url (I assume you can type your email address faster than you can copy/paste it).

Rick

• wkleem
    wkleem
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @rickfillon,

My email for 1Password Teams is complex. I have the + addition that I keep forgetting! Name+addition@domain.com

This discussion has been closed.