Missing Account

sallycng
sallycng
Community Member
edited January 2017 in Mac

My hard drive recently died and I had to reinstall everything on my computer. I did have the "emergency" info thus was able to log back into 1password... BUT... when I got back in.. I'm missing an entire section of passwords. (E.g. 30+accounts)

See attached photo, now when I log in I only see the items under "The Triple Effect" I don't the "Primary or Helpers" at all. That's where all my passwords were saved.. When I go to retrieve accounts.. it doesn't say anything about those accounts either.

How do I get my "primary" and "Helpers" account back?

1Password Version: Newest ones
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@sallycng: I'm glad to see that it appears you were unsuccessful in posting screenshots of your sensitive information here. Please don't do that, as this is a public forum.

Were you perhaps using a 1Password.com Account recently when you added data, but your older data was stored in local vaults on the computer that died? If you'd been using 1Password prior to 2016, that's very likely, as the 1Password.com subscription service was launched only last year. The "Primary" vault, for example, is a local vault which would have been stored only on your computer unless you backed it up or sync'd it elsewhere.

More importantly, do you have backups of your computer? Only data stored in 1Password.com vaults will be something you can access again by logging into your account. Let me know what you find!

This discussion has been closed.