1password mac sql file backup

aloha_ryan
aloha_ryan
Community Member

Hey guys, long time user here, I recently had an incident with my macbook where I lost all my data. I have recovered a backup of the OnePassword.sqlite file of a recent HD backup. I was initially very confused with signing up again for 1password and ended up with a version from the app store (where I had previously purchased it) a version from agilebits and a 1password account. After reading through the support forums here I think I have that stuff figured out.

What I really need now is to restore my passwords from the sqlite file. I have tried the method here: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/66785/opening-a-sqlite-from-a-backup-on-1password-6

... but when I go to find the backup the .1p4_zip selection is grayed out and won't let me import it. My dropbox backup was way out of date and I really need to get my passwords back up for many client projects. Please help asap.

1Password Version: up to date
Extension Version: up to date
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: dropbox

Comments

• aloha_ryan
    aloha_ryan
    Community Member

SOLVED! After days of being frustrated and finally deciding to post in the forums I solved the issue less than an hour later :)

... I never did get the sqllite file to work but I found other backups in the ~/library/Containers/2..../data/Library/Backups. Thank you backblaze!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Good to hear! Backups are a lifesaver! That happens to me a lot too though: Often simply getting to the point of asking for help allows me to make a breakthrough of my own...and of course if that doesn't pan out, then it's good to have a hand from someone. We're here for you. :)

This discussion has been closed.