primary and other vault

bhushan
bhushan
Community Member

Ever since i updated my 1password on mac, some weird things i notice. Please help.

1. my previous master file which was called xxx.agilekeychain is not there anymore, it has been replaced by something called the vault folder
  2. Even though i have only one vault, in the main menu i can switch between Primary and my vault. What is primary vault and how can i get rid of this as a selection item.
  3. If i need to make a backup to a USB stick, which file or files do i backup. Earlier, it was just copying the keychain file but it looks like that is not available anymore

1Password Version: 1password6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:primary

Comments

• @bhushan,

1. agilekeychains and opvault files aren't a primary storage container, but rather an intermediary file to get 1Password data from one copy of 1Password to another. Did you recently upgrade from 1Password 3 to 6?

2. The primary vault is the vault used to unlock all other non-primary vaults. Most people have their data in the primary vault and don't make use of a secondary vault to store all their data. The primary vault isn't an optional vault, so you can't remove it from the list. What you probably wanted to do, instead of double clicking your agilekeychain/opvault file would have been to set that file as the sync source for the Primary vault via the Sync Tab in the Preferences window.

3. The best way to do that would probably be to put your agilekeychain/opvault file somewhere on your computer and set that vault to do FolderSync via the Sync Tab in the Preferences window. Then its always syncing to that file and you can simply drag the file to your USB stick periodically to back it up.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.