Team Member Restrictions

I need to be able to set the access for one of my team members to not reveal/not allow copying of the password, but when I click on the settings for her in the vault my only option is "read only" and I don't see all the options shown in the help documentation.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@heather_opc: Depending on the 1Password Teams plan you chose and your own account permissions, you won't necessarily have that option. What plan and status is your account on?

• heather_opc
    heather_opc
    Community Member

I have the basic 1Password for teams (3.99 a team member) and am in the trial period still.
    I don't know what you mean by my own account permissions but I will change them if need be. I just need to get this sorted out stat.
    One of my team members is also getting an error on Firefox while trying to use the web based 1Password and browser extension- "Looking for the 1Password helper"
    I really don't want to have to start over with a different password manager, but I need this up and working now and am frustrated.

• heather_opc
    heather_opc
    Community Member

If I can't change the settings, can someone also explain to me what "read only" allows- as I can't find this in the help documentation either.

• @heather_opc Ah, thanks for clarifying. The Standard plan includes basic permissions. To use the "Reveal password" permission, which doesn't allow revealing or copying of the password, just filling it directly in a browser, the Pro plan is required. When brenty mentioned your permissions as a member of the account, he was referring to whether you are an Admin, Owner, or Team Member since you need to be an Admin to modify the permissions of other members.

You can upgrade your account to a Pro one from your billing page if you'd like to use the other permissions available.

One of my team members is also getting an error on Firefox while trying to use the web based 1Password and browser extension- "Looking for the 1Password helper"

The browser extension needs the 1Password app alongside it to work, so he'll need to install 1Password on his computer to get things moving along there.

If I can't change the settings, can someone also explain to me what "read only" allows- as I can't find this in the help documentation either.

Just for reference on this, read only means they can view and use the passwords and items but not edit them. They will be able to copy and view the passwords as well. Hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.