Impossible to install extension in Safari browser

Luisloy
Luisloy
Community Member

When I try to install the extension (version 4.6.2) for Safari browser (version 10.0.2), I get the following error:

Safari can’t install this extension
An error occurred while installing the extension “1Password”.

I have not extensions in Safari preferences.

1Password Version: 6.5.3
Extension Version: 4.6.2
OS Version: 10.12.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Luisloy,

I'm sorry you're unable to install the extension in Safari!

If you're sure you don't already have a copy of the 1Password extension installed in Safari, please quit and restart Safari, then try again to install the extension. If that doesn't help, try this:

• Reboot your Mac (important).
    • After the restart, open the following link in Safari: https://agilebits.com/onepassword/extensions
    • Click the big green Install button, and follow the steps on the new page to install the extension.

If you still can't install the extension, try installing it from the Safari Extensions Gallery:

• Open Safari and go to Safari > Safari Extensions... in the menubar.
    • If 1Password is listed at the top, click on that (if not, you can search for it in the 'Search' field).
    • Click the Install now link.

Does that work? Please let us know how it goes, and if it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks! :)

• Luisloy
    Luisloy
    Community Member

It works!

Thank you very much.

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Awesome! You're very welcome, I'm happy to hear that took care of the problem. Hopefully you're all set now, but if you need more help, we're here for you! :)

This discussion has been closed.