To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Feature Request: 1Password Browser extension with no app

Options
SnoFox
SnoFox
Community Member

Hi there,

As a macOS user (still) looking to flee back to the dark side, Linux, I need to bring my passwords with me. Unfortunately, it's been made obvious that AgileBits doesn't plan on announcing anything for Linux any time soon.

To circumvent the native application, I thought I could pay for a 1Password Account and leverage the web UI alongside the browser plugin for full functionality, thinking the plugin would talk directly to My 1Password Account for the vault. My assumption was wrong, so now I am calling it a feature request.

Is this something the 1Password team would consider doing? It'd give you a considerable step towards competing with others in the space and more importantly, make me happy :']

Cheers,

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @SnoFox - Thank you for contacting us. Great question! Yes, the browser extension communicates with our apps therefore you have to install 1Password in order for the extension to function properly :-) I appreciate the feedback and request.

I will definitely make sure to let the team this is an important feature for you. We definitely want to make you happy. It's a great suggestion but it will definitely take a bit of work and elbow grease to get this done. Thanks again and let us know if you have any additional questions or feedback. We're always happy to listen. Have a fantastic day!

This discussion has been closed.